Below are all the details for the selected job.
DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE
We are looking for a professional Demi Chef De Partie to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking according to the chef’s recipes and specifications. The ultimate goal is to expand our clientele and reputation to ensure long-term success.
• Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
• Maintain health, hygiene and safety requirements
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Ensure that the area of responsibility is kept clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure that the Head chef is informed on ingredient orders, maintain par stock levels and accept and store food deliveries according to SOP’s
• Ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time
• Ensure that all dishes are correctly garnished, have the correct portion and sized and are presented on the prescribed serving dish in the prescribed manner.
• Follow the guidance of the Head/Sous chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes
• Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
• Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
Requirements: • Grade 12 & Chef Certificate/Diploma • Preferably 1-2 years previous experience as a Demi Chef De Partie • Excellent interpersonal- & communication skills, written and verbal • Strong customer service orientation with excellent people skills
• Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with all departments and across cultures and religions • Comfortable in dealing with very distinguished clientele
• Honesty, Flexibility and Accountability
• Friendly, helpful and outgoing
• Professional manner and attitude
• Punctual & self-disciplined
• Extreme attention to detail
Salary: R8078, 10% towards benefits.