Below are all the details for the selected job.
We are looking for a Commis Chef to help prepare ingredients and do any task the chef needs assistance with. The care and quality a Commis Chef devote to food preparation will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while assisting other chefs in the kitchen
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to recipes and standards
• Assisting with deliveries
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Complete daily checks of all mis-en-place to ensure freshness and quality standards
• Maintain proper rotation of products in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils and equipment
• Follow kitchen procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverages
• Grade 12 plus Chef Certificate/Diploma
• Preferably 1- 2 years previous experience as Commis Chef in 5-star restaurants
• Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, public holidays, weekends)
• Excellent interpersonal- & communication skills
• Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with all departments
• Attention to detail
• Productivity & Efficiency
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Flexibility and Accountability
Salary: R5784 , 10% towards benefits.