Jobs Africa Group Full-Time
- Negotiable with Excellent Benefits!
Hotel GM Job - Hotel Group - Zimbabwe
We are looking to recruit an experienced hotel general manager. The hotel is based in the bustling city of Harare in Zimbabwe and boasts 170 rooms.
The job is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the effective and efficient delivery of financial, operational, people and compliance goals relevant and fit for purpose activities. This job is central to the Hotel’s purpose, which is the liaison between the organisation and all stakeholders, and the creation of a forum to facilitate conversations that enhance the Brand. This is accomplished through the development and implementation of the Hotel’s strategic plan, translating the vision of the organisation into deliverables, building a culture that is conducive to the delivery of the organisation’s objectives, leading the HOD team, the creation of a customer-centric experience, and developing and implementing the organisation’s budget, and annual business plan.
The position is responsible for the successful management and leadership of the Hotel in keeping with the direction set by EXCO and Board.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
- Develop improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, are on target and accurate.
- Prepare a monthly business review report.
- Set targets, key performance indicators for all departments and review Unit strategy considering changes in the environment.
- Leading the Unit as its “brand standard bearer”, epitomizing the brand personality and working consistently to ensure the hotel is run impeccably.
- Monitor customer satisfaction, through review of standardized feedback forms, and just as importantly by spending time directly with the guests and ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded.
- Assist in Unit sales as required by the Unit and development with strong sales prospects
- Maximize room yield through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
Operational planning and management
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Develop SOPs in conjunction with HOD’s, this includes creating new SOPs and revising many of the existing SOPs.
- Enforce excellent hygiene standards in all departments.
- Ensures correct, timeous preparation of reports for presentation to Head Office.
- Must be full conversant with and ensure all statutory regulations regarding the hotel and catering operations are strictly adhered to and that licensing requirements are renewed regularly
- Use feedback information received from guests and from routine evaluation and inspection procedure to improve service, maintain high standards and minimize guests complaints.
- New business opportunities are assessed, evaluated, and performed cost-effectively.
Human resources planning and management
- Ensure the property is appropriately organized and staffed.
- Discipline, train, motivate and manage performance of staff.
- Create a positive, healthy and safe work environment. is established following all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Solid track record of strong leadership, building and motivating effective and productive teams in an organisation of comparable size.
- 10 years’ experience in the Hospitality industry.
- Strong administrative and financial skills demonstrated in a senior strategic role
- Establish, manage and develop collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of negotiating, influencing and persuading others at a senior level both internally and externally
- Effective communication at all levels covering complex and wide ranging subjects
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative measures
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish credibility quickly, particularly in new areas of influence.
- A consultative and facilitative style with the ability to influence others where appropriate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in a way that inspires confidence and commitment and encourages ideas, innovation and initiative from others.
- Ability to demonstrate authority, commitment, consistency and fairness.
- Ability to think clearly and analytically, grasp complex issues and develop sound judgments in a sensitive environment.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to lead, develop and participate in partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Robust and comfortable with operating in a challenging environment.
- Committed to the efficient and effective management of financial resources and staff.
Funeral Cover, medical aid, a regional all expenses paid trip upon meeting of targets, various incentives, school fees benefit. Accommodation to be discussed with individual candidates depending on their situation.
You can send your CV to email@example.com
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.