Jobs Africa Group Full-Time
- Bethlehem, Free State, South Africa
- R13,600 plus benefits
My client - an animal sanctuary Lodge 4* is looking for an all round maintenance person with welding experience. Must be an animal lover - NO HUNTERS
Drivers licence, PDP will be an advantage
- Plumbing, electrical and mechanical experience
- Welding knowledge
- Experience in managing a team
Maintenance Department is a supporting unit and therefore it’s focus is on maintaining all animal facilities as well as all other general infrastructure in its functionality, safety and condition to guarantee smooth running of operations in all departments.
Supervision and line management of maintenance team. Responsible for evaluation of performance, discipline as well as safe work environment and procedures and care for necessary adjustment and training of staff members where needed. Conduct regular team meetngs.
Ensure completing of all relevant Control Sheets and Check Lists (Fences, Fuel, gate reports, vehicles, equipment stock etc.). Keep records of inventory up to date and ensure proper stock control.
Assistance to Animal Welfare Unit
Maintenance team has to assist with meat collections, preparation of feedings, storage of meat deliveries and maintenance of enclosures on feeding days (cleaning, cutting grass, repairs)
- Ensure regular Checks and Maintenance of all infrastructure essential to daily operations such as:
- Enclosures and other animal facilities
- Border Fences
- Water Tanks, Lines and Outlets
- Electricity supply to all buildings
- Water Refill Points for Fire Fighters
- Buildings general condition
- Waste management
Vehicles and Equipment
- Ensure weekly inspection and daily checking of all company Vehicles and Equipment
- Regular cleaning of Vehicles and Equipment
- Record any damage, loss or problem with the Vehicles or Equipment and organise repairs
- Regular Services of all Vehicles, keeping of service records (tyres, batteries, services, fuel)
- Cooperation and regular communication with external security company to ensure security of property. Control of service provided according to the agreement, check reports etc.
- Regular checks on procedures at entrance gate, gate reports, inspections etc.
- Report to General Manager or Head of Animal Welfare Unit any irregularities
- Ensure up to date related general admin and financial procedures as per company rules
- Hand in any reports on request within the instructed deadlines.
- Responsible for all aspects of proper field fire management (equipment, fire breaks, emergency protocols, trainings)
- Supervision of and communication with external contractors