Below are all the details for the selected job.
EE Position: Female
Jobs Africa Group has a position for a F&B Manager at a 4* Game Lodge in the Limpopo Region.
Responsible For: All restaurants, bar, banqueting, stores and back of house staff.
• To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
• To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costings and cash checks.
• To ensure that restaurants and cloakrooms are clean and well maintained, that table appointments, including flower arrangements are impeccable.
• To ensure that waiters are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
• To ensure that bars and cloakrooms are clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
• To ensure that barmen are well trained, correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
• To ensure the efficient running of the banqueting department and that all banqueting rooms, including cloakrooms, are clean and tidy.
• To act as Duty Manager as required.
• To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of key security.
• To ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
• To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
• To attend timeously to customer complaints.
• To take the necessary steps in the event of theft, burglary or fire.
• To ensure that reports and administration requirements are timeously submitted.
• To ensure that the Back of the House Department operates effectively and efficiently.
• To hold regular performance appraisals with all management staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
• To ensure that fair discipline is effected.
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
• To ensure that the causes of staff grievances are investigated and the appropriate action taken.
• To ensure that fire and evacuation drills are held regularly.
• To be fully conversant with all statutory requirements regarding a food and beverage operation that all licenses, including special licences, are timeously applied for and that the conditions affecting the issues of a liquor licence are not jeopardised.
• To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted.
• To prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timeously and accurately.
• To ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
• To circulate throughout all restaurants, bars and banqueting departments, maintaining a high profile with customers and staff.
• To hold regular staff meetings.
• To be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the catering operation.
• To attend meetings as required.
• To carry out or ensure that regular On-the- Job Training is taking place to agreed standards.
• To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy — wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
The position includes the following:
o Meals when on duty
o 13% Company Contribution Provident Fund
o Medical Aid is available through the company but the employee is responsible for 100% of the membership fee.
o A 100% 13th Cheque is payable in December every year, but is restricted to employees who have completed a full year of service with the company.